Tuesday 25 March 2008

This is my journey...

Hello!

This blog will be my pain relief as I write my spy-thriller Graphic Novel; Public Enemy. The journey that I have started a few days ago has so far been long and arduous. And I still have many months to go before I finish it.

I plan to send it off the Dark Horse Comics. Since they are the only ones accepting submissions from writers. It'll probably be rejected. But I'll never know until I finish it. 

So to kick things off. Here's an extract from the first page.
PAGE ONE (2 PANELS)
PANEL ONE

LOOKING DOWN an alley-way. It's around midnight. The full glare of the moon just above the whole scene. There's a few odd thunder clouds, but the coal-colored, star-blown sky, is mostly clear. On either side of the SHOT are two towering, thick, graffiti-logged brick walls. Splattered in multi-colored paint are these words: SAINTS. PATRIOTS. SKULLS. They're in beautifully crafted logo-esque design.

Tipped over trash-cans spill their filthy, dirty, contents all over the cracked paving slabs. A choppy wind pelts smudged, torn newspapers around. In the distance, a shadowy figure of a YOUNG GIRL runs towards us.


CAPTION
20th March 2039 - Newcity, England.

PANEL TWO

The Young Girl comes into view. It's JODIE SUMMERS.

Jodie is SEVENTEEN years old. And has PITCH-BLACK hair tied into a loose ponytail. A few odd strands run down her young, ethereal, face. She has DIAMOND-BLUE EYES. Jodie looks sweet, innocent. A GIRL-NEXT-DOOR type look. Jodie's a beautiful ENGLISH ROSE. She is clad, from neck to toe in a COLA-BLACK skin-tight LYCRA-SUIT. It leaves little to the imagination.

Jodie had a Heckler & Koch PSG-1 sniper rifle slugged over her left-shoulder.

CAPTION
"Must hurry myself up. I don't have time on my side."
Rubbish isn't it? I'll never make it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment