Thursday 27 March 2008

Page Two, Fade To Black

Better or worse? I hope better. I'm really focused on making this the best comic ever. Or at least a comic that's someway publishable. I hope I can finish it though. I have this problem of not finishing things I start. I'm trying to correct that this year. And so far I have failed miserably.

But it's only March. So I can still improve. Anyway, here's Page two from my spy-thriller Graphic Novel, Fade To Black.


PAGE TWO: (3 PANELS)
PANEL ONE

Jodie crash lands on the puddle-infected deck. The force of the impact sends her almost to her knees. The Union Jack parachute flops down beside her. Tremendous frothy waves of salt-water smash over the side of the ship. They snake around the wooden deck, eating away at all the corroded steel.

The boat leaps up and down in the delinquent Atlantic. The hurricane force wind belts into Jodie's face. Causing her hair to dance around drunkenly on her head.

JODIE SUMMERS
Oomph!

PANEL TWO

The tornado wind pelts underneath the parachute. It surges it into the gloomy sky, dragging Jodie backwards. She has to fight it with every inch of strength in her slim-body. Jodie eases herself forward. Her face screwed up in pain. The chute flaps around violently from side to side.

More astronomical waves lash over the side of the boat. Striking the stone-cold metal like charging bulls. Thunderous rain plunges to the wooden deck. They hit everything in sight. The storm over the Atlantic grows ever more violent.

JODIE SUMMERS
Ugh!

PANEL THREE

A small panel up close with Jodie's parachute belt. Jodie's frozen hands tap onto the release mechanism. And the belt snaps loose.

SFX
PING!


I think it's better than what I was doing with Public Enemy. But still... It might not yet be good enough to be published. As much I would love to have it publish. I might have a lot of hard work still ahead of me. I'll keep trying. I don't plan to give up on comics yet. I want to write this thing. I want to make it as good as I can. And naturally, I want it published.

No comments:

Post a Comment