Thursday 27 March 2008

Fade To Black Graphic Novel

Maybe I was too quick to eject myself from comics. I got a bit overly depressed. That happens with my bipolar disorder. I've thought things through. And I've decided to give Public Enemy a much deserved rest. It's a little too fresh in my mind to contemplate a re-write at this moment in time.

So, I've decided to move onto another comic that I've rewritten hundreds of times: Fade To Black. Yes, it's another spy-thriller. And yes, it stars Jodie Summers. I have this thing for spy-thrillers. I have a desire to be a famous spy-writer. I hope Jodie can rival James Bond. That's my aim anyway.

I've roughly written the first panel. And here it is.


PAGE ONE:
PANEL ONE

A good shot of JODIE SUMMERS. Jodie's a beautiful english rose. Very cuddly, girl-next-door type look. She has an aroma of sweetness and innocence. Jodie has pitch-black hair, that's in a loose ponytail. With the odd few strands running down her young, ethereal face. Her crystal-blue eyes are focused downwards, towards something in the corner.

Jodie's parachuting through the brooding, grim midnight air. Impenetrable thunder clouds surge across the coal-black sky. They're like a herd of wild beasts running lost and aimless, charging with concrete force.

Jodie has an Union Jack parachute. She tugs on the chute strings trying her best, to guide herself through the hazy, black fog that dishevels itself across the boisterous Atlantic Ocean.

Mammoth sized Atlantic waves chandelle forward. Slicing, and dicing each other to pieces like razor sharps kitchen-knives. The whole ocean explodes with fierce intensity. The choppy gale-force wind howls violently to itself. It fuels the monsoon like gasoline in a oil-fire.

Just in shot, to the right: a gigantic crimson cargo ship bobs roughly up and down in the inclement seas.

CAPTION
Wednesday 31st December 2008.

CAPTION
Atlantic Ocean.

I'm thinking it's a little better. It's still rough. Still maybe needs some work. But it's better than Public Enemy, right? Please, tell me that it is. I re-read the making of a comic on Dark Horse. And I read the script throughly. And now, I'm trying to implement more complex descriptions. Give it a bit more Oomph!

Maybe I've still failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment