Friday 12 September 2008

Amazon is highly addictive!

Every time I go to Amazon UK I end up buying a few things. I say to myself "It's only £10. I can afford it." And so I add it to my basket. Then it comes up other recommendations. And I see something else I like. So I add that to my basket. And then repeated over and I end up spending £30 + pounds on books, CDS etc.

I have loads of books that I haven't read. Yet. I keep buying more and more and more. I can't help myself. I feel that life isn't worth living unless I have that item. It's crazy! Consumerism gone mad! It doesn't help that I am bipolar. As during mood swings I get the urge to buy stuff and spend some money after fantasizing about various stuff that I might need at a later date.

That's how I ended up with my iMac. I love it to bits. But I decided in Feb 07 that I needed a new computer. Even though I didn't really. But I couldn't help myself. I felt I couldn't live without an iMac. So I splashed out £1200 on it. I didn't really need to. But I did anyway. And that's how I ended getting so low on cash. That and buying other stuff that I don't really need.

ARGHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment