Thursday 10 April 2008

Messiah lives!

I've decided to rewrite my old, crappy, cyberpunk novel Messiah. I've changed the story from being about evil feminists to being about evil aliens. That way it'll have a better chance of being published if I ever finish it. I managed 29,813 words of the old draft and I'm hoping to surpass that and actually finish the bloody thing!

The book stars my favourite, Prodigy (Amy Anderson), and she's basically the Messiah that will save Earth, and other parallel Earths from these evil aliens creature type things. It's very inspired by The Matrix. Well, I mean, it's a complete rip-off of the Matrix movies. I've managed 1387 words so far. Not bad for 2 days work. I'm trying to write between 1000 - 1800 words a day. I've managed 800 words so far today. And I plan to do another 200-400 to finish off a pretty decent day.

I am determined to start having some good days. I'm getting sick of everything going wrong for me. I'm sick of failing at everything. I'm gonna try and do my best to write something that's publishable. 

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment